About Fitness Takeaway
Fitness Takeaway was set up in 1987 by John Fleming. Prior to Fitness Takeaway John worked as a heating engineer for over 10 years. During this time he noticed that many of his customers had lots of exercise equipment up in the loft or at the back of cupboards.
Realising he had spotted a niche market for people who were either too embarrassed or had no time to go to the gym John decided to form a company which would offer a wide range of products and a great service in fitness equipment rental.
The business was started in 1987 with John, driver Toby and a Bedford Rascal van and is now employing 15 people and has 6 vans on the road. The company has extensive premises which include a showroom, offices, service facilities and storage. Toby is still there as is John but in an advisory role to Paul and Laura who are now running the business.
Reasons for using Fitness Takeaway
- Keeping fit. (all ages from children to the elderly)
- Preparing for holidays. (Speedos and bikinis)
- Getting married. (Mr. and Mrs. to be)
- Just had a baby.
- Getting fit for Christmas. (little black number)
- On a diet. (lose those extra calories)
- Doctors’ advice.
- Looking for props for Television and advertising campaigns (frequently used by BBC and STV)
- Top notch hotels for VIP Guests. (Discretion guaranteed)
– Keeping Scotland fit since 1987 –
3-5 Hogg Street Airdrie,
Lanarkshire, ML6 9JH
01236 767 211
Lines open 7 Days 9am – 9pm